the second week, out of four, in the volume block is over. it offered some recovery while still doing a lot of sets with the barbell.
what I like with sheiko so far (6 weeks in)
- submaximal work: no risk of injury, I can train technique (neuronal pathways ftw)
- lots of sets: I look cool as everyone else at the crap gym does three sets of microreps and leaves
- lifting a lot means I sleep like a baby: I enjoy sleeping
- feeling swole: being somewhat fat but feeling muscular and strong is great
- stuffing my fat face with food: I like eating food, can refer to gainz/recovery/russians
what could be different
- having superhuman strength without needing to lift weights: damn you, fate *shakes fist*
- getting paid to lift: guess I need to buy more lottery tickets
in all fairness, the two points of possible improvement cannot be blamed on boris. at least not in full.
next week (w3 in sheiko #30) will be a bit heavier with regards to total volume. for instance, tomorrow is bench+squat+bench+squat. then comes assistance and builders. it will probably take me a little over two hours to complete. luckily I have a few good playlists to work through.
looked at my plan the other day. planning for a minor peak in the beginning of december (singles 100-105 % of current maxes) and then, hopefully, a greater peak just before the end of the year. there will be no world records, obviously, but I feel really good about the whole thing.
outside of the gym, there are only positives. a few are listed below:
- most likely scored an interesting job (they are calling my references and those are damn good). won’t start until summer next year, tough, but if I don’t come off as a complete idiot there might be a complete career in store for me.
- life at home feels really good. we try to maximise/optimise quality time. right now, money is tight for a week or so (some unexpected expenses). luckily I had put a little cash away and could arrange a (cheap) date-night yesterday.
- my stress levels are significantly decreased.
- I put in good work…at work. at least I put in hours and get results out of it. can probably improve in various ways, though.
be good to each other.