I have not yet done this weeks deadlift session due to illness (a cold, as ordinary as it is lousy). will go to gym tomorrow and sort of begin the deload week. also, I will probably do my 1+ sets of the deadlift just for the heck of it.
was thinking about what actual progress I may have made during the last year of trying to lift things. noticed I had a photograph from october 2nd 2014, which happened to be a 1+ week. looked at the logs. I can see progress here. still, nothing to write home about but definitely something to write about on the interwebz! here goes!
lifts (1+ sets)
- military press: 3x 65 kg
- squat: 4x 150 kg
- bench press: 2x 97.5 kg (3x 92.5 kg at previous 3+ week)
- deadlift: 3x 177.5 kg
lifts (1+ sets)
- military press: 2x 72.5 kg (not that great to be honest, but shoulders were aching and and and… did 4x 71 kg the 1+ week before)
- squat: 5x 158.5 kg
- bench press: 3x 102.5 kg (while having a killer cold!)
- deadlift: 5x 183.5 kg (last 1+ week)
discussion in bullet point form
edit: forgot a piece of information, which is of vital importance. at the end of december 2014, I did a 10 % decrease of all weights in the program. this was due to a) wendlergod says so and b) it seemed like a good idea since my body was a bit beat up.
- military press is still not my favourite lift. I like to think that I work really hard to get better at it, though.
- squat is progressing like I thought it would. still, it feels good to see an increase in 8.5 kg and an additional repetition.
- the bench is where I am most satisfied, since I perceive my upper body as generally weak. an increase of 5 kg is not that great, but when compared to the 10 kg increase for 3 reps I feel like I’m on the right track.
- deadlift: an increase of 6 kg is nothing, but two more reps is good stuff. my PR has increased from <200 kg to 215 kg.
for both squat and deadlift, I might bump the numbers 2.5 kg per training cycle instead of the the more humble 1 kg I’ve been doing for a while. military press and bench will never again be increased 2.5 kg between cycles (2x 0.5 kg plates are my besties).